THANKFUL FOR RELATIONSHIPS
Iris at Sting My Heart is using one of my favorite verses, in fact, the one that I use as my theme verse (in my left sidebar under profile). 1 Peter 2:9-10. This is her theme verse for today's Thankful Thursday. She is thankful for the relationship we have been called to with Christ and relationships with other people. This is a wonderful verse, reminding us of who we are in Him --what we've been called out of and in to. What a friend we have in Jesus! It's the best relationship we can have!
With that verse in mind, I so thankful for:
- Being a friend of Jesus. I've posted this fact before, but it still blows my mind! Thank you Jesus, for calling me friend.
- The new relationship my oldest sister now has in Christ. She got saved this year! The heavens rejoiced. Oh, thank you Jesus! Another one in Your Kingdom!
- The relationship I have with my parents. I talk to my mother daily, see her as often as possible, talk to Daddy as often as possible, but don't see him nearly as much as I'd like. Thank you Jesus for my parents.
- The relationship I'm developing with my girls as they grow older. It's important to me that God lives through me, that they might see what God is pleased with as a young lady.
- The virtual relationship (over the internet) I've recently formed with women that just strike me as women after God's own heart. This is daily encouragement from the blogsphere.
- The relationship I've been blessed to have with my accountability sisters in Christ. We meet every Wednesday morning to do studies together, talk, pray for one another, admonish one another, boost each other up, and support each other in many ways. Thank you Jesus for hand-picking us and placing us together. We need it and you knew it.
You've got to have something you're thankful for today, I know. Go to www.eph2810.com and read some others and/or leave your link there so that others might come by your place to see what you're thankful for.
Thank you Iris, for doing this. It keeps our hearts toward Christ, with a humble and grateful spirit.