Wednesday, March 26, 2008

TONGUE TWISTERS THIS THURSDAY

I will be so busy tomorrow, I won't get a chance to post on Thursday, so I thought I'd do it tonight so you'd have the benefit of still having something to read tomorrow. That way, we don't miss a beat. I'm in the poetic mode again, and I like poetry, so it doesn't take much to get me in the mood. I wanted to do something fun and challenge you to do so also. Tongue Twisters have always been fun, I think. It's poetry anybody can do; you don't have to be professional. Just have fun with it. There is no need to over critique your work. Come up with something fun, cute, clever, whatever, and post it as a comment at the end of this post. Be brave. Let's post for everyone to see. Just don't be intimidated. You'd be surprised what you can come up with; you'll be proud of yourself, and others will appreciate your efforts.

Okay, I'll go first, and you join in:

Terry Thompson taught tigers to tumble toward Tina triumphantly. (Okay, see if you can say that fast five times:)

I'll make this next one a little more difficult or longer:

Jerry jerked Jeckyll jokingly and just jeered jingling Jeckyll's jeans.
(This one hurt me just looking at it afterwards)

Okay, last one, and I'll try to make this one...IMPRESSIVE (Ha!):

How can Hannah hang her head heavily, heaving hoes, hoisting hinges, heeding His Word, and handling Henry's hungry hippo-help us heavenlies, help!
(Now say that one 5 times really really fast without tripping up and getting your tongue all twisted. Don't cheat!! Say it to your kids or spouse...or dog?)


Have fun with this one guys!! I can't wait for you to try your hand at this!

No comments: