Thursday, September 18, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY


So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” ~ John 8:31-32 (ESV ~ emphasis Iris')
Iris at Sting My Heart has a wonderful Thankful theme today--TRUTH or being thankful for the truth. What is truth? If you took a survey on the street, you WILL get all kinds of answers, but the TRUTH is, THERE IS ONE TRUTH, ONE WAY, ONE JESUS! Are we being religious fanatics, elitists, snobs, etc. when we say this? Well, like Iris said, we didn't say this (and we didn't have to), Jesus says this about Himself. There are no other false gods that have been introduced to man that can make the same claims and assertions about themselves as God and Jesus could and did. Not only did God make the claims about Himself, He literally lived them out. He still does today. No other false one has, nor is, doing that. Won't you praise Almighty God with me today for who He was, is, and will be! Aren't we thankful for the truth that He left behind!!!!
  • I am thankful today for TRUTH, good old, unadulterated, uncompromising, loving, transforming TRUTH!!
  • I am thankful that the TRUTH set me free!!
  • I am thankful that the TRUTH set my whole household free!!
  • I am thankful for Truth-Seekers.
  • I am thankful that the TRUTH stands on its own and needs no help, additions, or subtractions.
  • I am thankful for God whose Spirit helps us recognize truth and distinguish it from error.
  • I am thankful for the TRUTH that God allowed to be left behind in His Holy Writ for us to read.
  • I am thankful that the TRUTH is being carried to the ends of the earth everyday by those who are on God's mission, whether that's foreign, domestic, or right in our homes!

What are you thankful for today? How does the TRUTH impact you? Join Iris and many thankful-hearted others and see what God has placed on their hearts about being thankful. Go to http://www.eph2810.com/ and read and/or post your own. Thanks Iris, for today's theme.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Amen you everything you said! Another great post - thanks for sharing! Blessings!

Debra Kaye said...

What a great truthful post! Blessings to you today!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully stated! He is our One & Only!