Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just a little Thursday news

Hello, my precious readers!! I apologize for having no fresh, new material up, but I left sort of last minute this past Sunday, to go to Memphis to help my little sister, whose baby is STILL due any day or hour now. I came because she thought she was going into labor finally, since she is more than a week overdue, and knew that if she didn't go into labor, she would be induced on Wednesday. While I don't have time to tell you the whole story with details, Wednesday came and went, and she STILL hasn't had her baby yet, and now her doctor is saying that the next time she can be scheduled is this coming Saturday!! SATURDAY!!! I came here to spend a whole week helping her clean, arrange, get prepared, shop, and help her take care of her newborn, and now she won't be induced until THE DAY I have to leave to go back home?!!!! I can't believe this, and I am sorely dissapointed. I want to see my nephew, and I don't want to feel like I came to Memphis and spent a whole week doing...NOTHING!! Well, not quite nothing. I am getting to spend time with family and give lots of attention to my niece and nephews...BUT STILL! I want to see my new nephew too, and now, there is a possibility that I won't be able to. I can't stay in Memphis longer than Saturday because of obligations I have at home. I'm just going to have to pray that she goes into labor naturally BEFORE Saturday.


Anyhooty, I just wanted everyone to know why the blog seemed suddenly "closed for business." I will be back on by Saturday or Sunday. I'm looking forward to getting back to writing, responding, and reading your comments, if you leave any. Thank you so much for your faithfulness in checking in with me the days that you can, reading my material. I appreciate that. I thank God for the opportunity to write. I've discovered this year that this is a privilege that isn't always priority on my list that day, but a privilege nontheless. God, family, and home come first, but behind all of that, I like getting the chance to get on here and write and share. I've learned so many things from all of you, and I like to know that there are some things here on my blog that you find interesting as well.


Take care all. Pray for my sister, the baby, and I, and that God works it out that I can be of the most help possible to my sister and the baby and that I at least get to SEE the baby before I have to leave.


Have a great and blessed week!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, I truly hope and pray that everything goes well and that you get to see and hold this precious little baby you're waiting for! Those little buggers can be stubborn about coming out sometimes, can't they? Ah well, the Lord's time I guess. Blessings to you and to your sister!

Linda said...

Yes, four of my babies came quite late. I hope everything turns out well.

My husband has been to Memphis so I have a soft spot for it.