Wednesday, September 10, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY


Iris at Sting My Heart (http://www.eph2810.com/) invites us to share how we're thankful every Thursday. Won't you join us? Click on the link above and see what Iris and others are saying. See how they're giving credit and praise to God for what He has done. Her verse for the week is “I will thank you forever, because you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly.”~ Psalm 52:9 (ESV ~ emphasis Iris') And now, it's my turn to be thankful and praise Him.
  • Lord, I am thankful today for the wonderful, in-depth studies at church you've lead me to take, so that I may draw closer to You and do what You ask of me.
  • My God, I am thankful again, as I have been so many times before, for the man of God, who is my husband, that he is a man after Your own heart, and his desire is to please you first and then me.
  • Father, thank you that you have chosen me and my household to be Your children. You love us, lead us, guide us, convict us, take care of us, have mercy on us, and so much more, just like a father would.
  • Prince of Peace, thank you for the peace that you give that surpasses all understanding, when we can't muster it for ourselves, when we need it the most.
  • Thank You that You've given us the hearts and minds to praise Adonai (our sovereign God).
  • I'm thankful that You're omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
  • Thank You today and everyday that You live up to Your promises because You are El Shaddai (The God Who is sufficient for the Needs of His people)
  • And last for today, but certainly not least, thank you that you're Jehovah-Rohi (our shepherd-Psalm 23), that because of You, we shall not want, You lead us beside still waters, You restore our souls, You are with us.

Oh Lord, thank You today for ALL that You are to us and for us. I am so grateful and will be eternally.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What an absolutely brilliant and wonderful tribute to our Lord. I stand and applaude.

I also always love reading praises about husbands. Yours was great.

Have a wonderful TT. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

amen to that, peculiar. God bless and happy TT.

i said...

What a lovely thankful post! Happy TT and God bless!

Susan said...

Amen and Amen!!!

Great list, great heart.

Blessings to you my sweet friend.

Happy TT!

Tracy said...

What a beautiful list of thankfuls! I guess we were on the same wavelength because my list is all about Him too. He really gives us so much to be thankful for. Thank you, for sharing this amazing list and your precious heart with us. Blessings!

Bogie said...

Happy TT! God Bless!

Melanie said...

Great post! I love how you used several of the different names for God.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debra Kaye said...

Beautiful! I love this TT post!

Tracy said...

Oh and by the way, if you weren't sure that I love your blog, stop by mine - I have something for you. Blessings!

eph2810 said...

Amen to that. How wonderful to share His different names - He indeed is our Prince of Peace, Adonai, El Shaddai, and Jehovah-Rohi...what an awesome God to serve.
How neat that you have a great Bible study that leads you closer to Him.

Thank you so much for sharing thankful heart with us.

Be blessed today and always...