Monday, May 26, 2008

MOMMY (Caregiver/Mentor) MONDAYS (#14)

I'M BACK EVERYBODY, IF THERE'S STILL SOMEONE OUT THERE READING ME BY NOW!!
I'm back from my son's week long events for graduation. His graduation was very nice, although the work going into the whole week was very tiring. I'm glad to be back home and the chance to get back to my normal routine. It's funny how we can get tired of what seems to be a monotonous daily routine until we have to go somewhere and do things that put us out of the routine, and then we start to cherish that routine. We start to love what God calls us to do for ourselves and our families everyday. I think we love what we do anyway, but we really appreciate it and our homes when we're away for a long time.
If I can get the pictures off of my son's camera, I'll send pictures of his brother's graduation and you can see how proud we are of him and how handsome he is:) !!
I'm realizing more and more how much time I need to spend with my children while they're young. I looked at my son the whole time and I couldn't believe he was 18 years old. I couldn't believe he was actually graduating from high school. I couldn't believe that he was not my little boy any more. There are some things that I feel like are gone, never to return, that I'm actually grieving over to some degree, although, I am glad that God brought him to this point and he has accomplished what he has. I am wanting him to go on to do exactly what God wants him to do, but a mother misses certain things. I don't want him to be anywhere but where he should be, so I must grieve in my little way, and move on. I'm ready and willing to do that. I need God's help with it at certain junctures though. He has been faithful to me.
Lately, I've noticed that the kids, even my 15 year old son, are still willing to go anywhere with Mommy. I love it!!! I will cherish every single moment. I want to do as much with them now as I can, while I can. It has been so rewarding, and I hope they know it. I will remind them regularly of how much being with them means to me. I want them to pass this on to their children. I want my children and their children and their children to have a great sense of family. I really thank God for the privilege of being a mother and having time to do things with them.
Well, tomorrow will be TO THE TUNE OF TEA TUESDAY, and I hope I have something interesting to tell about all things tea. I love it so much, and I want everyone to find some kind of tea they can love and appreciate. There's so much out there, that there must be a kind for everyone. Anyway, until tomorrow, I bid you farewell. Have a great Memorial Day and a great time with family or someone you love, or who loves you!!

No comments: